The Ireland Funds is looking for a suitable person to fill the role of Education Programmes Associate and join our team as soon as possible.
About The Ireland Funds
The Ireland Funds is a global philanthropic network established in 1976 to promote and support peace, culture, education, and community development throughout the island of Ireland, and Irish-related causes around the world.In addition to a significant portfolio of grantmaking, it also has two significant scholarship programmes, ‘No Mind Left Behind’ and the ‘George Moore Scholars’.
The Education Programmes Associate will administer and manage the George Moore Scholars programme. The George Moore Scholars, a programme of The Ireland Funds, will support up to 300 outstanding students to undertake postgraduate study in the US, Canada, Europe and the UK, in the period 2020-30. The Scholarships are high-value, multi-annual awards (1-2 years depending on the programme of study) and are open to outstanding students (young adults and mature students) in all academic disciplines who wish to make a lasting impact in their desired field. In 2022, €2.5m in scholarships was awarded to 57 Scholars in order to nurture their potential and inspire them to ultimately create positive change. The Education Programmes Associate will work directly with the Director of the George Moore Scholars Programme, and their counterpart managing the No Mind Left Behind Scholarships. They will report directly to the Executive Director.
Preferred Qualifications & Competencies
- Experience in a similar role
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience in research and proposal writing
- Deep understanding of the charitable, and education sector in Ireland
- Developed knowledge of governance and compliance within the sector
- Proficiency in the use of Grant Management Software (Salesforce) and Microsoft Office
- Strong team player with positive attitude Initial 12 month contract with possibility of extension