Job Specification: Grants Manager – Contract – Maternity Leave Cover
The Ireland Funds is hiring a Grants Manager for a period of one year as maternity leave Cover. The Grants Manager will be responsible for the programme management of The Ireland Funds’ grant-making operations in Ireland. The role will encompass an exciting portfolio of activities.
This role will be predominantly office-based, but with opportunity to travel across the island of Ireland to meet and hear from the many impactful charities and non-profits supported by The Ireland Funds.
- Reporting: The Grants Manager will report directly to the Executive Director
- Term: 1 year defined contract from mid-September 2022 to cover a period of Maternity Leave
- Salary range: Dependent on experience – Email email@example.com for salary range.
- Applications: Apply with CV and Letter of Application to Nicki Lynch at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, August 5th 2022.
About The Ireland Funds
The Ireland Funds is a global philanthropic network established in 1976 to promote and support peace, culture, education and community development throughout the island of Ireland, and Irish-related causes around the world. The Ireland Funds has raised over $600 million for deserving causes in Ireland and beyond, benefiting more than 3,200 different organisations.
The Ireland Funds operates a number of open and closed grant rounds yearly, works with an extensive network of donors on Donor Advised Grants, and has several programme initiatives, such as the ‘No Mind Left Behind’ scholarship programme.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The main responsibilities of the Grants Manager will include, but are not limited to, the following:
Key Management Responsibilities:
- Manage the grant making activities of The Ireland Funds
- Manage the ongoing development of an improved Grants Management System
- Develop and grow impact reporting and analysis in conjunction with the Grants and Donor Services Executives.
- Oversee the delivery of a suite of Ireland Funds programmes, including No Mind Left Behind Scholarships, and George Moore Scholars.
Donor Advised Fund (DAF) Management
- Grants management of private and corporate donor advised funds
- Recommendation of appropriate projects for support and seeking proposals from prospective grantees
- Provide updates and reports on grant impact to donors annually or on request
- Oversee the delivery and design of The Ireland Funds grant rounds in conjunction with the Grants Team
- Deliver Grant workshops and materials in advance of Grant Rounds
- Contribute as a reviewer for all open grant call applications.
- Contribute to the provision of feedback to unsuccessful applicants
- Provide analysis of giving and impact
- Develop bespoke reports and proposals as required
- Research and identify specific areas of need for potential Ireland Funds support
- Meet with non-profit organisations to determine their suitability and funding needs
- Co-ordinate multiple project visits for The Ireland Funds Annual Conference, Ireland Funds staff and donor visits.
- Co-ordinate visits for staff and donors as needed.
- Represent The Ireland Funds occasionally at events
Preferred Qualifications & Competencies
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Deep understanding of the charitable sector in Ireland
- Developed knowledge of governance and compliance within the sector
- Experience in research and proposal writing
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office programmes, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook, OneDrive, SharePoint, CRM system (Salesforce)
- Experience with Grant Management Software (Salesforce)
- Experience using online survey tools
- Excellent project management skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong Team player with positive attitude
- Full clean drivers’ licence and own car is preferable