Tuesday 6 June 2017
Belfast – The Ireland Funds Leadership Series at Digital DNA 2017
Date : Tuesday 6 June 2017
Venue : St. George’s Market
Location : Oxford Street, Belfast, BT1 3NQ
Time : 7.45am - 9am
SHAUN T. KELLY
Global Chief Operating Officer, KPMG International
Shaun Kelly is the Global Chief Operating Officer for KPMG International. In this position, he manages the day to day operational aspects of the firm’s Global Strategy and oversees the delivery of global initiatives. Working with the Global leadership team he drives high performance and efficient service delivery across the KPMG network. Shaun was previously the Vice Chair – Operations for KPMG LLP (2010-2015). In that role he was responsible for forecasting and planning and monitoring the execution of the firm’s financial plan. He also had responsibility for oversight and execution of key KPMG shared services including finance and accounting, information technology, operations services and internal audit.
From 2005-2010 he was the Vice Chair in charge of KPMG’s U.S. Tax practice and Regional Head of the Americas Tax practice. Shaun was a member of the firm’s Management Committee from 2005-2015. Prior to assuming the Vice Chair role in 2005, Shaun served as the leader for KPMG’s Global Transaction Services practice and Regional Coordinating Partner for the Transaction Services practice in the Americas.
Shaun grew up in Belfast, Northern Ireland, and joined KPMG International’s Irish member firm in Dublin in 1980 and transferred to the U.S. firm’s San Francisco office in 1984. He was admitted to the U.S. partnership in 1999.
Professional and Industry Experience
Through his various leadership roles and his extensive work serving a broad range of significant U.S. companies which span a number of industries, Shaun has keen insights regarding marketplace trends and the business issues companies face in today’s environment.
Shaun has extensive international merger and acquisition and corporate restructuring experience. He has helped structure transactions and has provided due diligence assistance at a number of Fortune 500 clients as well as several large financial institutions. Shaun earned a Bachelor of Commerce, First Class Honors from University College, Dublin. In 2015 Shaun was awarded a degree of Doctor of Science Economics, honoris causa by Queens University, Belfast.
- Chair of the Northern Ireland US Advisory Council East Coast arm set up to help the Northern Ireland Executive accelerate investment and trade opportunities
- Member of the Board of Directors of The Ireland Funds America
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Irish Arts Center in New York
- Chairman of the UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate School of Business North American Advisory Board
- Treasurer and member of the Executive Committee of Enactus, an organization of students, professors and industry leaders who use their business knowledge to help improve the lives of people worldwide
- Co-Chair of KPMG’s Disabilities Network and member of KPMG’s Diversity Advisory Board